11.13.2006

Do I smell snow flurries?

Holy Batman, it was cold this morning.

The cold always makes it harder to get out of bed, especially when you just bought cozy flannel sheets for your comfy cozy bed, and you're cuddled under them hoping your fiancé will drag his butt out of bed to hit the snooze instead of you having to, even though you should be getting out of bed anyhow.

But I laid there, comfy cozy with my head buried in my pillow while he hit the snooze several dozen times (actually it was 4 times, but who's counting?) until the absolute last minute that I needed to jump out of bed and hit the road to get to work on time. Thankfully, I somehow made it to work early, so no problems.

This weekend was actually really nice and relaxed. Christen and I were going to go to a car show Saturday but it didn't seem to be there; I don't know if it was a typo in the TBT or what. So we hit the end of Saturday morning market in St. Pete and wandered about a little bit. Went to Haslam's and got a couple used books: Invisible Eden by Maria Flook and Devil in White City by Erik Larson. I'm super excited about the second one; I've wanted to read it but I didn't want to pay full price for it. The other I picked up because it looked good (like, physically ... yes, I judge books by their covers. I read so much that sometimes I just pick up books because I like how they look).

Saturday night we decided to skip dinner and just get ice cream, and I wanted to bring the dog. So we set out to make the mile walk to the ice cream place, and got about 3/4 the way there when Lola freaks out and decides to sit on the side of the road and refuse to go any further. We took her back home and set out on our own for ice cream, and then when we got there decided we were hungry for real food. So we walked a bit further to the BBQ place and had dinner, hitting up ice cream on our walk back home. The 1/2 hour trip ended up taking 2 1/2, but it was way fun, and it was good for us (except for the ice cream, of course).

Sunday, Shell, Shea and I went to a craft show in Clearwater. It was okay, but somehow those seemed cooler when I was young. I guess I won't fully be able to appreciate craft shows again until I'm 60. We went to Homegoods and I got a giant glass bowl to put my wine corks in, which looks awesome as a centerpiece for my dining room table. And, they give me a place to put those damn things until the wedding. After we tired ourselves out, we parted ways and I vedged on the couch and then in the bed for the rest of the evening. Christen made dinner, but I just wasn't feeling it -- I ate my salad and drank my wine and put my dinner in the fridge. It was just one of those nights; it felt so nice cuddling in bed watching television.

1 comment:

Shnookylangston said...

Devil In The White City is a great book. It's one of those "Why didn't I know any of this stuff?" books.